
Born:




May 2nd 1925
Passed away:
October 30 210
My Grandpa was an amazing man he was a very hard worker, He loved his family very much, especially his wife, family was the most important thing to him, and he also loved this country, he served in the Navy in World War II, he also loved to garden. The thing that I remember most about him is he was usually very quiet but when he would talk he always had something witty to say. He was always happy and you could always feel his love for you. He Passed away a few weeks ago and I went to Boise for the funeral. It was the most wonderful funeral, everything seemed to go so smoothly and perfect. It was nice to see most of my family we mostly sat around talking and reminiscing about Grandpa and mostly laughing and crying at the same time as we shared funny storied about him and would laugh and then cry because we miss him. The thing that was always a very special time at christmas was when my Grandpa would pull out his harmonica and play Silent night I found this video of him playing and thought I should share it.
Here are some pictures that I stole from my sisters blogs, I didn't have enough room in my bag for a camera so I just relied on my sisters for the pictures.
The theme for the funeral was red white and blue to represent grandpas love for this country. My sister Heidi is a Genius at floral arranging so us girls(my mom, my 2 sisters and I) banded together the night before the funeral and with Heidi leading us we made 60 boutonnieres/corsages for all of the family. and 2 bouquets.
Here is one of those bouquets to show how amazing Heidi is.
These next pictures are after the funeral we had a cousin dinner. We are missing some cousins that weren't able to come but this is most of us we are just missing one family and one of my brothers

This was the first time my sister had met Gray he was such a good baby the whole trip even with missing a few naps. The only time he really ever cried was when he was in his car seat. I think he was just so happy because there was always someone willing to hold him, he doesn't like being alone so if there is someone there with him he's as happy as a clam.
And here is my wonderful grandma, and my sisters and I with our babies
It was such a nice week I'm so glad I was able to go. We love you Grandpa!!




4 comments:
Diedre- I am so sorry about your grandpa. I can't even imagine losing my grandparents.But that is so great that you got to be there for his funeral! I love you and miss you!
I love that video Deej! I'm so glad you shared it.
I'm sorry to hear about your Grandpa!
He sounds like a wonderful man!
I'm sorry about your grandpa. Sounds like you have wonderful memories of him.
Post a Comment