Yeah I know that thanksgiving was over 2 weeks ago, but I thought that I would take this time to write about it and about the things that I am thankful for. First of all this thanksgiving was not the best one I have ever had. We spent the first couple of days at Brandon's mothers in Post Falls Idaho, which is a 7 hour drive from Rexburg. Krew did actually pretty good on the way there, mainly because we borrowed a dvd player from some friends and he mostly watched baby signing time ( We listened to that movie probably around 8 times that trip because that was the only movie that Krew would actually watch and not "complain", so you could say we are a little sick of that movie: ) We had a good time at Brandon's mother's. She made us a little Thanksgiving meal that Sunday before Thanksgiving and it was really good and fun to spend time with her and Jana (a friend of the family who is basically family)... but then came Monday. Krew threw up the WHOLE day! No joke!!! He couldn't keep anything down not even a sip of water. It was the saddest thing. It really broke my heart. We also had to do around 7 loads of laundry because of course he couldn't tell us when he felt like throwing up he just would all over us both. And getting him to throw up in a bowl was pretty impossible because he would be moving around so much. Then Tuesday he had HORRIBLE Diarrhea (I'm sorry if this is a little too much information for some of you.) and then Wednesday we left for Boise to spend Thanksgiving day with my parents. Krew slept the entire way there because of the lack of sleep the nights before. Once we pulled into my parents I started not feeling very good but thinking that it was just a combination of motion sickness and eating too much for lunch. Then I went to lay down for a bit, come to find out motion sickness was not what it was. I got what Krew had, apparently I made the mistake of telling Krew that I would take his sickness away from him if I could. Brandon got sick as well the next morning. So we didn't really get to spend thanksgiving dinner with my family. But once we started felling better we had a really good time. We got together with my oldest brother and his family a lot and we had so much fun. We played a lot of "Beatles Rock Band", Thanks to Brandon's mom letting us borrow it for this month since we are going to visit her again at Christmas time. We had played at Brandon's mom's and we had so much fun we thought that my family would have a blast with it, and we did... that's basically what we did while we were there. Another highlight in Boise is a group of girls from High School got together for dinner and dessert. It was so much fun!! I haven't seen some of these girls since Graduation 5 years ago. It was really nice to sit and talk and see how everyone has been and what they are up to. Thanks Emily for putting it all together.
Now that I have probably shared a lot more information then you would like, I would just like to write about some things that I am VERY thankful for because I have so many blessing in my life. I could probably write forever about the things that I am grateful for. first I should mention my wonderful Husband whom I LOVE and ADORE!! He is AMAZING! I don't know were I would be without him. He makes life so enjoyable.
Of course I am very Grateful for Krew, I can't imagine life with out him. He is the sweetest little boy, I don't know how I got so lucky to have such a wonderful kid, he is so helpful. It's been really fun to watch him learn and grow, It's interesting the words that he picks up on. Apparently I say the phrase "OH NO" and "EEWW" a lot since those are his favorite words to say. It's weird because I can't blame Brandon if he says something because I'm the one with him all day, so more than likely I am the one who says it. He lights up my day he has such a sweet spirit and I thank my heavenly father everyday for him.
I am also grateful for a new little sweet spirit that is going to be coming into our home in April I can't wait to meet him, he already seems like he's going to be a hyper one which will make life fun, and very entertaining. I know Krew is going to be a great big brother and I can't wait to see them interacting it will be a blast!
One last thing that I will mention is The Gospel of Jesus Christ. I'm grateful for the knowledge and happiness it brings into my home. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and I'm very grateful that we have it as a tool in our home. I am also grateful for the Temple and for the wonderful spirit that resides there and the peace it brings to me.
4 comments:
im so sorry that you ended up sick over thanksgiving!!!! that is always the WORST time to have the flu!
That is SOOO sad! Your poor family. I can't believe you didn't get to eat Thanksgiving dinner! Krew is so cute. I can totally see you saying, "EEWW" and "Oh No" all the time.
How sad! It is the worst when kids are sick! It was so fun to get together wasn't it? We need to do that more often, and you look so beautiful, can't believe your over half way it goes by so fast...... if your not the one who is pregnant! :)
I'm sorry to hear that you guys were sick. That's the worst...especially during the holidays! Glad you're feeling better!
Post a Comment