Friday, July 16, 2010

Cross Country

We moved from Rexburg last week we are now in Kentucky staying with Brandon's dad, until we close on our house. It has been a long and crazy process but we are so excited to get a house. We are going to go next week to see it and get it inspected. The drive here was long but the boys did SO good. I can't believe how well they did, Krew just played with toys pretty much the whole time, we got him a woody and buzz doll for his birthday and he LOVES them so he just played with them the whole time! Gray mostly slept and when he would cry it was only because he was hungry, I was so nervous to drive so long with 2 kids in the car I thought I was going to go crazy but it was actually nice. Krew was being so great to Gray too he kept asking me if he could see him and when we would get close to our destination we would tell Krew how much longer and the he would turn to Gray and repeat what we told him, it was really cute and sweet.

Every day we would wake up at 5:00 then drive 9-10 hours, once we would get to a hotel we would go swimming, Krew LOVES swimming so it was nice to be able to tell him when we were getting close that we were going swimming he would get so excited and it would make the last couple of hours a little easier. When we went swimming in our first hotel Brandon did a cannon ball to make waves for Krew but h didn't realize that he was jumping in the 3 feet area and sprained his ankle. That was not much fun he could barely walk I'm just glad that most of the day for the next couple of days we were mostly driving so he didn't need to walk on it very much.

We are so glad that we are done being in the car for a while!!

I haven't put pictures of the 4th of july and Krews birthday on our computer yet but I will soon. We had a lot of fun so be on the look our for those pictures.

6 comments:

Ben, Elise, Lucy, and Jack said...

Diedre! I didn't know that you were buying a house! that is so exciting! oh the joys of being a homeowner!! I am glad that you had a good trip and the boys were good! that makes life so much more enjoyable, especially when you are traveling!! I will be thinking of you as you move into your new home!! CONGRATULATIONS!!

Jen said...

So happy the boys did well on the drive. You guys have such good kids. We sure miss you. Every time we walk by your door Maddie says, "Krew come back and play with me another day?" She misses Krew. I think our new neighbors are a little weird-ed out that Maddie keeps peeking in through their sliding door too. Anywho, we have pictures on our camera of Krew's birthday we need to send you.

Gretchen said...

I am SO glad the trip went okay! Krew is such an angel. I can't wait to see pictures of his party!

Bryson and Tara said...

Oh no!!! We didn't get to see you guys before you moved. At least we were able to have one last Slearl reunion a couple months ago. We will miss you guys terribly.

So glad that the trip was not as bad as you expected (minus Brado spraining his ankle. Ow! Sounds so painful...).

And I had no idea you were buying a home! How exciting. Please show pics when you can.

Love and miss you guys.

Rebecca Robison said...

Oh my! Poor ankle!! Your boys are adorable. So happy for you and your new house!! You'll have to post pictures!

K said...

That part about the cannonball was hilarious.