Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A Heck-a-Busy Month!!!!

First of all I haven't even written about easter yet, so I thought I should tell a little about it first. We had a REALLY fun time. The only thing that went wrong is when the easter bunny hid the eggs that we colored around the house the eggs somehow were perspiring and the color on the eggs came off onto the carpet so now we have little color circles on the floor, "thank you easter bunny". The boys really enjoyed their baskets full of candy and toys for the summer. After church we had a few of our really good friends over for dinner and an easter egg hunt. We had a really great time with them as well.




Krew absolutely LOVED dying the eggs.












This was pretty much both of the boys first easter egg hunt. Since last year Gray was born the day before Easter and the year before that Krew was only 9 months old. Poor Krew. He had a BLAST finding the eggs this year!! All Gray wanted to do was open them and eat the candy right away.






Also My dad and Brother came to visit for a day. They were on their way to Virginia and stopped in to say hello. It was so good to see them! I'm glad they were able to come even for the short period of time!


My 25th Birthday was on Cinco De Mayo, and Brandon and Krew woke me up with breakfast in bed. Then Brandon left for school and I didn't see him at all till 10:30 p.m. that night. He had to study for finals so he was at school the ENTIRE day. Yeah I know, "sad for me", but he was able to make it up to me later, so I'll write about it a little further on in the post. A few of my really great friends here heard that I was going to be alone all day on my birthday so they brought me dinner and a cake. I feel so lucky to have such good friends here. Thank you guys!! You really made my birthday!!

Like I said earlier Brandon had finals the first week in May. He was studying a lot, but it certainly payed off. He got GREAT grades this semester. Not straight "A's" but pretty darn close! I'm so proud of him he works so hard. I love when he comes home all excited about something that he learned. I of coarse don't ever really know what he is talking about, but I try to understand and I'm just really glad that he understands and has a passion for the things that he studies. After Brandon's last final on the 6th we drove 7 hours to Kentucky to see Brandon's family. His sister's daughter got baptized that night, it was such a wonderful baptism. I'm so glad we were able to make it. I'm so proud of her and and the decision that she made. She is such a sweet and wonderful little girl.





Saturday, the 7th, Brandon and I went on our first date since February (thanks to my wonderful mother in-law who watched our kids for us). It was so nice to have that time. I started crying while we were on our way to drop them off because I was so excited (I hope that doesn't sound bad I love my kids more than anything but being at home with them that past week... all day... everyday since Brandon was studying and I had no car it definitely did it's toll on me. I was ready for a little space.) For the date we drove to Cincinnati Ohio (like 10 min from where we were) and found the spot that Brandon proposed to me. It's a spot that overlooks the city and the Ohio river. It's GORGEOUS. I'm so glad we were able to go back there. It was nice to just sit there talking about the past almost 5 years that we have been together and how happy we are. (Brandon also wants me to point out that we made out a bit too he says, "the magic isn't dead yet!!") I feel so blessed to have the most wonderful husband in the whole wide world. He is so perfect for me. We compliment each other so well. And if I had to do it all over again I definitely would!!!! I have loved every single moment we have had together. Each moment that we have had has drawn us closer together and I am very grateful for that. I love him so much and I'm so glad that I have eternity to spend with him. After we went to our proposal site we decided to go to Olive Garden and have a little lunch. It was nice to not have screaming kids around us for that moment and be able to just sit and enjoy each other while we ate. Then we got to go back to see our wonderful amazing kids. And play with them the rest of the day.


A fitting place to propose huh? My hubby is amazing!!




P.S. We carved our initials into the rock.


The next day, Sunday, was Brandon's 27th birthday!!/Mothers day/Brandon's twin Brother Barton's baby's blessing. Yes I know it was a BIG day!! We had so much to celebrate. It was such a wonderful day, Brandon and I kept fighting over who got to do what for each other, I kept saying "let me do it it's your birthday", then he would turn back to me and say, "so? It's mothers day!" So pretty much we had to agree on sharing responsibilities just like any other day. But the blessing was beautiful and it was so fun to sit and hold a new born again, it made me excited for our next one. It was also nice to sit and chat with family. It has been a long time since we had seen everyone. I'm glad we were able to go and see these special moments. We were able to stay there till Thursday morning. I'm so grateful for family and the time we were able to spend with them all.







When we got back from Kentucky on Friday we wanted to just relax so we just dropped all the stuff in our room and relaxed. Then that night at 2:30 in the morning Brandon's phone rang. And one of our really good friends called saying that he was stranded in Arkansas He was on the way to pick up his wife at the airport (about 2 hours away) when his car died about half way there. So of course we couldn't let them be stranded Brandon got up and drove to pick him and his wife up and drove back. He got back around 8:00 and we had to go straight to a singing practice, then we had to go to the store since we had been gone for a week and had no food, plus we had invited a bunch of friends to come over for that night to have a BBQ. We then came home and had to take naps, woke up and cleaned and got everything ready for the BBQ and then our friends came over. We had such a fun night eating good food, playing fun games and just hanging out with good friends.

Saturday we sang in a quartet for Stake conference so naturally I don't remember anything that we did that day. I was so nervous all I could think about was the singing. It went well I think. I'm glad that I did it it's WAY out of my comfort zone and I have to be pushed to do things like that every once in a while.

So as you can see things have been a CRAZY month!! So I know this is long but I needed to write it all down. And yes I wrote this a week ago but I have been waiting to get pictures from our trip to Kentucky.

5 comments:

Oma said...

Wow what a month. So nice to catch up. The boys were cute with their baskets and eggs in their hands!

Gretchen said...

Deej, your life is CRAZY!!! I was laughing hysterically while reading this post. Thank you so much for writing all that stuff down. It's just like you to invite friends over the day you get back from a trip. I would have been FREAKING out! I love you SOOOO much!

Bryson and Tara said...

Great pictures! And yes, I agree with Gretchen...I love that you had a big BBQ at your house right after returning home. That's great that you guys sang in church! I need to hear you and Brado sing together sometime.

I didn't know that Barton and Emily had a baby!!! How exciting for them.

So glad you guys were able to spend time with family this month (and go on a date!). Yea! Miss you all.

Garin and Katrina said...

So fun. Your boys are so cute and growing fast! We miss you guys so much!!:)

Bart and Em said...

Thank you again for coming! It was SO nice to be with you guys. It meant a lot to have you there. We can't wait to see you again!