Tuesday, June 3, 2008
Confident Birthing
Saturday Brandon and I went to our confident birthing class. It was AWESOME, it really actually made me feel more confident in giving birth. She gave Brandon a few techniques to help me while I'm in labor, and me some techniques to cope with the pain. Now I know some of you might think that I'm crazy but now I'm thinking I want to try a full natural birth, it just seems like it's the right thing for me, if I can't do it I have no problem asking for an epidural, but the more I think about it the more I feel like I really want to try having a natural birth. I think a big part of my decision is from this class, she really made me feel like I could do it, that my body was made to do it, my body knows what it's doing I just need to learn how to cooperate with my body. Another thing that I really liked about the class is I felt kind of empowered like I can do anything, that I set my mind to. One thing though that I felt a little uncomfortable about is that I felt like she kind of looked down on us because I was giving birth in a hospital ( by the way she's a doula and works with midwifes more than anything) she would say things like "you'll have to work harder on that though because you'll be at a hospital." or "You'll probably have a harder time being as comfortable in a hospital" But frankly I think i would be more comfortable knowing that if I did have any complications, the doctors are right there to help me. Anyway, Overall this class was so great we are so glad that we went, it gave us so much helpful information and I'm getting more and more excited everyday to finally have Krew here in my arms!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Go Deej!! You can totally do it. But, something very crucial was missing from this post...pictures...hello..I need to see your belly!
I'm so glad you went to this class and feel more confident! I definitely think women underestimate themselves when it comes to childbirth-- we were MADE to do this, you know?! I think I understand what the woman was talking about with the hospital stuff... my neighbor just had her baby unassisted in her apartment only a month ago. She talked to me a lot about responding to your body when going through childbirth. It can seem weird when you are confident and know what you want when it comes to childbirth-- that's why the hospital can be hard, because they think you are not prepared or don't know yourself! Just be confident and FIRM at the hospital if they try to convince you to do things you think your body doesn't need... I think that is the most important part! Don't let them make you do anything you don't want. Good luck cute girl, you'll be great I'm sure!!!
i love you deej you will be a great mother!
Doula oblongotta.
Post a Comment