Monday, June 2, 2008

Little Blind Old Ladies!!!

So... I know that you all would much rather hear from Diedre, but I have quite the story to share.  I shall entitle it - "Little Blind Old Ladies"!!!

I am pretty sure that Diedre has shared with everyone that I am working at an optometrists office for the summer.  This is for my internship and I am really having a grand ole' time!!  Well anyway so right now they have me working in the back Lab actually grinding the lenses and making peoples prescriptions correct in their new frames.  (By the by, pink frames should never be used for Green Lenses!!  You look like a little leprechaun ninny with bad taste.  But that is beside the point) So this little old lady came in, I believe that she was about 87 years old and she is quite frankly the blindest woman that I have ever met!!!  Even blinder than Sami my sister!  Just to give you an idea of how blind she was Diedre has a -1.75 prescription, I have a -8.00 prescription, Mr. Magoo has a -14.25 prescription, and this lady has a  -17.5 prescription.  So besides being a little old lady she looked like a Mole with magnifying glasses taped to her face.  So I look at her and I look at her prescription and I just laugh and just jokingly say to her, "don't you think it is about time to just give up and get yourself a dog?"  To which I realized just how rude little old ladies can be... she didn't even crack a smile at my joke!!!  Anyway so the moral of the story is that... well there is no moral life is just funny sometimes!!  Talk to you all later!!!

4 comments:

Gretchen said...

That poor old woman, being harassed by a big scary man!! I love that story, I can picture her in my head!

Sami said...

Nice Banny! I love how easily you can tie my blindness in to a story about blind old ladies. At least I have a way to go until I catch up, seeing as how my prescription is only -11.5 now.

Cannon Clan said...

poor lady.....brando....poor lady.

Barton Sloan said...

Leave it to you to dash the hopes of a woman that is probably going to kick the bucket any day now! How does that make you feel?