Sunday, August 3, 2008

Me Quirky? Nah...

So I just wanted to post this because my sister Samantha challenged me to do it on her blog and I thought that it sounded actually pretty fun!  She said that all I have to do is post 6 things that are quirky about me that not many people know.  Which is apparently harder than it sounds because it has to be things that no one else that you know does... so here it goes!!!

1)  I suck at English!!  Yeah yeah yeah I know what you are thinking "that isn't very quirky", but let me finish.  I suck at english, but the things that I do know about english have to be done correctly.  For instance my wife Diedre and all of her siblings must have been raised on a keyboard that doesn't have a SHIFT key... because they never capitalize the first word in each sentence!  This may sound pretty stupid and petty but it is to the point where Diedre won't type while I am around... or I suppose it would be more correct to say that I won't "be around" anytime that she is typing because it drives me MAD!!!!  Oh and don't get me started on people that can't punctuate, I would like them to "not punctuate" somewhere off a cliff... if you know what I mean.

2)  Anyone that knows me very well knows that I looooove music!  I love it so much that I get down right obsessed with it.  When I hear a song that I like I will literally put it on repeat in the car, on my computer, and on my ipod until I have every word of the song memorized!!  Don't believe me?  Ask me any lyric from the song "Albuquerque" by Weird Al.  It just so happens to be 13 and a half minutes long and I know every word.  The first song that I ever memorized was a song by Amy Grant... you may have heard of it "Galileo" I still know every word and that song was released when I was 6!!!

3)  You know how most people when they can't figure something out they might sleep it off or take a break from it so that they can clear their head.  Well that doesn't work with me.  When someone gives me something to do or challenges me on something I will not rest, I will not sleep for an instant until I have done it.  On my mission one of my best mission friends gave me a 4x4 rubiks cube.  Well being a good missionary I didn't want to do it during working hours so I ended up staying up for 2 nights straight just to get it done.  But oh yeah baby I did it... put that in your pipe and smoke it!!!

4)  The next one most people already know about me, but it still sets me apart from the next guy.  I collect "Monopoly Games".  This sets me apart in actually 2 ways: a) Most everyone else in the world can't stand to play monopoly because "Oh it is to long and boring, and you win every time Brandon".  Well the second half might be true but anytime ANYONE wants to play monopoly I am in, and I will bring my hand crafted Monopoly poker chips to play the game with as well. b) I have 32 monopoly games and counting!!!  Some I have never even played, but I will still open them up and admire all of the shiny figurines!!  

5)  I have this phobia about people not liking me...!  Honestly I do.  Whenever I feel like someone thinks I am stupid or thinks I am no fun I have to bake them cookies or tell them pirate jokes until they like me again.  Diedre will attest to this, I have kept her up many nights just discussing how to get people to like me, or how to get someone to not be mad at me any longer.  Take for instance my sister-in-law Gretchen.  I think that Gretchen is one of the coolest people alive but this last Christmas we got into an argument about a game and how I beat her and I went into the bathroom with her just to talk things out and wouldn't leave until we had an "It's all good you are still my favorite Brother-in-law hug".  But then when I went down to bed with Diedre I still had to ask her what I could do to have Gretchen forgive me and be my friend again.  So if at any point in our relationships together you get mad at me, make my life easier and just pretend you still like me.

6)  If I could I would never ever ever ever in a million bazillion years wash my pants!!!  Sounds pretty weird huh?  Well Diedre and I have had many arguments that started something like this, "Pooky Bear where are my pants?  I left them right here on the floor by my side of the bed?"  "Shnooky Bottoms... I told you that if you leave clothes on the floor that means that you must want them to be washed, so I washed them."  "But Diedre those pants were perfectly stretched and exactly the way that I wanted them, can't you just febreeze them?"  "No you stink and you need clean clothes."  "Come on Diedre honestly how many people do you think actually sniff my pants?  Can't I just wear a clean shirt!!"  There is just something uncomfortable about freshly washed pants (especially jeans) to the point that makes me not want to wear pants at all, which brings up a number 7 about my naked room!!  But we won't go there.  

So I hope that everyone was able to learn just a little something interesting about me now and if you want to accept this challenge do so on your own blogs!  Peace Out!!!!

6 comments:

Cam said...

Did you purposely include some lyrics from Albuquerque in number three? "I will not rest, I will not sleep for an instant."

Plus I think you're no fun, and you've never brought me cookies. What the heck, man?

Brooks said...

Yeah, I've gotten mad at you loads of times, and you never made me a cookie? Who do you think is responsible for you learning all the lyrics to "Galileo"??

Oh, and you're right, Monopoly IS long and boring.

Oh, and your wife is right. You do smell. But I hate freshly washed pants too.

Gretchen said...

I have the same problem with worrying about whether or not people like me. My nightmares are that someone doesn't like me. You never have to worry about me not liking you. I LOVE you! You are the BEST addition to out family. I also don't wash my jeans. I hate wearing newly washed jeans too.

KLF said...

I worry about people not liking me too, but I actually think it's because they really don't. And I wear my jeans until I can't stand them anymore. The punctuation thing bugs me a little, but it really bugs Adam. He has perfect form even in his e-mails. He thinks it's sloppy to e-mail someone and not format it like a letter. Let's see, I know a lot of lyrics too, but only to random stuff that I really like (because I'm a music snob.) I love you Brandon. Thanks for sharing, we have a lot in common.

Cannon Clan said...

i dont know what you mean i have really great skills when it comes to typing a correct document of perfect english skills i alway capitalize everything use the best grammer and i use loads of puncuation stuff on all my emails and posts and comments i think someone should give me an honorary phd in english grammor stuff dont you agree brando muoohahaa

Sami said...

I'm really sad that I have been watching your blog for like a week for something new, and because of the heroes countdown thing... I didn't notice this until today. Thanks for playing along Banny! I'm with Brooks though...I've never gotten a cookie from you, and you do stink. I still love you though. Just do me a favor...NEVER under any circumstances sing me "Hero" by Mariah Carey...I beg of you (I'm sure you know all the words to that as well, with as many times as Boogs made us listen to it).