Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Another 2 Interviews

So I got offered another 2 interviews for optometry school. I got the offers about 3 weeks ago but until now I didn't count them as options because of the great deal that Houston offered me. However I just found out that Houston's isn't quite as great as it sounded at first (because summer tuition is not included in the quoted price). So now Diedre and I have decided that I should go to California and interview at SCCO, which will be the 17th of October. (On a side note I get to spend a day with my first mission companion that I haven't seen in 2 years, Paul Fjeldsted) The good things with Southern College of Optometry is that if they choose me as a top applicant from Idaho then i can get Idaho to pay for a GOOD chunk of my tuition. The other interview is at Pacific University and I still haven't decided if I want to go there. I will keep you all informed.

Also I got accepted to Memphis and they offered me a scholarship (but they haven't told me the amount). So things are looking really good since I have 2 choices now!

6 comments:

laf said...

Sounds exciting. You did forget one other advantage of the southern cali school,WE LIVE CLOSE.

K said...

Brandon, you are such a stud. Everyone wants you! Congratulations. Keep up posted. I hope you come up here for an interview.

K said...

Keep US posted, not up posted....

Cyndie said...

NO WAY, you and Courtney have ANOTHER connection???!!! That's way too weird-but totally cool :)

Bryson and Tara said...

Wow- look at you getting all these interviews and offers! Very exciting, Brado. I'm sure you're delighted to have Diedre back in town...sounds like your life was pretty miserable without her!

BTW, now that we're not in Texas anymore, we're rooting for whichever school is closest to Utah! :)

Unknown said...

So Diedre I just saw that your PREGNANT!!! How super exciting! It is still so sad that I haven't even seen Krew! I don't know how you guys are going to be able to top that one, he is ADORABLE!!! Congrats on the baby and congrats on all of the interviews, that's exciting too! Where do you guys want to go? And when would you start, 4 years right?