Sunday, October 9, 2011

Homecoming and other family fun!

Sco had a homecoming party a few weeks ago and we had a BLAST!! The dinner was good, I bet you can't guess what the dinner was ok you probably can because it's what we eat in the south BBQ pulled pork sandwiches with coleslaw mmmm. I never thought I would EVER like coleslaw but being here in the south slaw is SO good. I made my own the other night, it was a HUGE batch and I was thinking we are probably going to have to throw some of this away because I thought we would never eat it all before it would go bad. But sure enough we finished it and pretty fast too. Anyway I am totally off topic. The Homecoming party had a lot of fun games,They had a Bouncy house for the little kids (that Krew went in and freaked out because he couldn't control how he bounced so came running right out and refused to go back in) Then the had other blowup "gladiator" games things for the adults I wish I could have played some but alas being 8 months pregnant I could not. They also had a rock wall that I think would be so much fun maybe next year when we go Brandon and I can challenge each other. My all time FAVORITE thing though was the balloon man. He was AMAZING, the line for him to make a ballon animal was very long, and he would make anything that the kids would come up with, some of our favorite things that we saw him make was a unicorn, motorcycle, Elmo and a fish on a fishing pole just to name a few. He was super cool here are a few pictures of the boys with the balloons that were made for them and Brandon and the boys plying on some of the blow up games.

Krew with his good friend Michelle.
Gray trying to shoot for the basket
Krew trying too.








We had a really good time and look forward to next year when we can go again.

A few weeks ago we decided to get a pass the the childrens museum of memphis. The boys LOVE this place. It is really cool. We went all together for the first
time as a family here are a few pictures of that day

The costume section, You put on a costume then dance on stage.

Krew as Batman:
Then Spiderman:
Gray as a construction worker, he loved dancing on stage with daddy:
My boys being pilots:

Fishing, this is a favorite place for the kids they have fishing nets and fishing poles, they love to watch the fish swim down and then catch them.
Gray the policeman on the super cool motercycle
Firemen Krew and Gray

The same day that we went to the children's museum my boys had a lot of fun goofing around, while I made dinner.
They saw the cabbage on the counter and thought the leaves looked like hats so they picked them up and wore them around thinking of different people that wear hats, they were cowboys at one time grabbing golf clubs as their horses running around saying YEEEHAAWW and then they were peter pan and the lost boys running around with their swords. It was a lot of fun to watch them playing, I love when they get together with their daddy and play pretend, Brandon is such a great dad and thinks of some really fun things to do with me boys,

3 comments:

Alicia Quintero said...

Diedre,
I've been thinking about switching to cloth diapers, and your mom told me you and Gretchen both use them.
What brand do you use?
email or facebook me.
Alicia
leeshyquintero@gmail.com

Erika Spjute Gray said...

Diedre! Your family is so sweet. What cute boys you have! Looks like you guys have a lot of fun. Please, post that recipe for the pulled pork. It looks divine!Hope all goes well with the rest of your pregnancy. You look GREAT!!

Bryson and Tara said...

Looks like such a blast! Glad you guys are doing well and are happy. Can't believe how big the boys are! Miss you all.