Sunday, August 30, 2009

University of Houston

GOOD NEWS!! BUT NOT GREAT NEWS.... I just got a call yesterday afternoon from the admissions department of University of Houston College of Optometry. They asked me to come for an interview on one of the two first weekends of their interview process, so either the 4th of September or the 18th of September. So I am actually going the same weekend I am heading to Illinois to see Grandma Sloan, the 18th. The funny thing about getting an interview is that they don't even have my optomcas application (this is the centralized application process that will be sent out on September 7th to all of my schools). So all they have is my OAT scores and one essay that I sent directly to their school. Anyway so I already bought my flight and my rental car and Kirk's sister is letting me stay at her place in Houston for two nights. So wish me luck.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Good Luck Brandon! :) Just be yourself, you'll rock it.

Bryson and Tara said...

YEA! We're excited for you. Even though it's not your first choice, we'd be thrilled if you ended up there!

Team Jogan said...

We think you should go somewhere closer to Pocatello, ID. Either that or somewhere exotic, so coming to visit would be a sweet vacation. ;)